Sun, Jan 01|
COURSE 1 Jan: fill a sketchbook in 30 days
Presale price with £20 discount! Course starts 1 January 2023 4 live session included 10% discount for creative members In this course we will fill our first sketchbook together.
Time & Location
Jan 01, 2023, 7:00 PM GMT – Jan 31, 2023, 7:00 PM GMT
About the Event
Hi my lovely creative makers,
In this course you will learn why keeping a sketchbook is so much fun and we will use the entire month to fill our sketchbook together.
This course is for you if:
- If you have always had a longing to pick up a sketchbook and draw
- If you find it hard to think of how to fill those white pages
- if you want to build a drawing habit and create on a regular basis.
- if you don't know where to start and you would like to draw as part of a creative community
- if you are looking to make January a creative, fun and artful month.
- If you have started some sketchbooks in the past but lost momentum and now they are looking for a reason to fill them.
What to expect:
Each week will have a different theme and at the end of the course you will have completed your first (of hopefully many) sketchbooks.
We will meet each other in four live drawing sessions where we explore our weekly theme and you will receive a daily drawing nudge in the form of a message, a video or a drawing prompt.
each of the prompts will be suitable for different art materials.
- a sketchbook with at least 30 pages or multiple sketchbooks that together have 30 empty pages.
- a (graphite) sketch pencil, erasor, sharpener
- a ballpoint pen
- some colour materials of your choice (colour pencil, markers, gouache, watercolour or inks) if you use wet mediums make sure the sketchbook that you use is a watercolour of mixed media sketchbook with suitably thick paper.
You will learn:
- what kind of sketchbook artist you are
- what the different types of sketchbooks are and for which purpose you can use them
- what materials you can use in a sketchbook and what materials work best for your artists type.
- we will draw together in four live sessions.
- the common challenges to keeping a sketchbook and how to overcome them
- letting go of perfectionism and enjoying the process instead.
- we will draw from references and we will draw from what we see around us.
- You will master new drawing techniques.
This course is suitable for all level artists and you can expect to improve your sketching and drawing skills by practicing regularly.
The course will be for sale for a period after January without the live session.
First live sessionOnline over zoom
Second live sessionOnline over zoom