Thu, May 04|
COURSE: Line & Wash - Start right away!
Course doors open Now! (opened May the 4th.) four live sessions - dates: 18 & 25 May and 1 & 8 June 10% discount for creative members
Time & Location
May 04, 2023, 11:30 AM GMT+1 – Jun 08, 2023, 11:50 PM GMT+1
About the Event
Hi my lovely creative makers,
In this course you will learn how to paint fun, vibrant & fast
Line and wash is often used for urban sketches and plein air painting but it can be used for all sorts of subjects.
We will absolutely include some 'outdoor' artwork but we will also apply this loose technique to still lives, florals and animal illustrations.
We will paint 20 fast paintings (15-20 minutes each) in pre-recorded sessions and the live sessions are longer paintings.
live sessions on zoom:
- 18 May, 25 may, 1 june and 8 June.
- Start time 6pm
- 1,5 hours long
This course is for you if:
- If you would like to learn a technique for quick but impressive artworks
- If you want to become more familiar with watercolours
- if you want to learn a technique that has been used by urban sketchers for outdoor paintings
- if you don't know where to start and you would like to paint as part of a creative community
- if you are looking for a colourful and creative month
What to expect:
We will meet each other in live painting sessions on zoom: 18 & 25 May and 1 & 8 June
During the course we course will paint together. most classes are pre recorded and available to waitch in your own time. They will be released as a few classes a week for the duration of the month May. The course also includes some introduction sessions and explainer video's on how to use watercolours and what to expect.
What materials do you need for the course?
- a sketchbook or loose paper with at least 25 empty pages - I tend to go through my pages quite fast when using this painting style.
- Make sure your paper is suitable for watercolours. we will not use so much water in this painting style but you want paper that can withstand one layer of paint without damaging.
- HB sketch pencil, sharpener and eraser (optional)
- a waterproof pen! and it is very important that the ink is waterproof. I use a mix of Faber-castell Pitt Artists pens and Pigma Micron archival ink pens.
- watercolour paint. You can join in using any watercolour paint brand, if you are looking for recommendation on paint feel free to contact me.
- watercolour brushes, a palette, coth, water.
- a pen or fountain pen with ink that is water soluble - optional.
The materials required for the live session are the same.
This course is suitable for all level artists and you can expect to improve your sketching and painting skills by practicing regularly.
The course will be for sale as recordings after may without the live sessions.
1 hour 30 minutes
Line & Wash Course Live sessionOnline over zoom
1 hour 30 minutes
line & Wash course Live sessionOnline over zoom
course full price
You will be added to the course at the start date- 1 February£120.00
pre sale round 2
you will be added to the course on the 1st February when the course goes live£79.00Sale ended
This ticket is discounted as a pre-sale special offerPay what you wantSale ended