Sat, Jan 28|
COURSE opens 1 April: Learn to paint abstract landscapes in watercolour
Course starts 1 April 2023 Four Live session: date TBA 10% discount for creative members (of full price only) You will learn to paint landscapes in a loose and abstract style. We will explore different painting techniques and colour combinations and have fun with texture and various materials.
Time & Location
Jan 28, 2023, 11:30 AM GMT – Apr 01, 2023, 11:50 PM GMT+1
About the Event
Hi my lovely creative makers,
In this course you will learn how to paint abstract landscapes in watercolour
This course is for you if:
- If you would like to make a start in gouache painting
- If you love birds and would like to learn how to illustrate them
- if you want to build a painting habit and create on a regular basis.
- if you don't know where to start and you would like to paint as part of a creative community
- if you are looking to make March a creative, fun and artful month.
- If you want to illustrate birds but don't know where to start.
What to expect:
We will meet each other in a live painting session on zoom: TBA
During the course we will paint 10 landscapes together. These classes are pre recorded and available to waitch in your own time. They will be released as a few classes a week for the duration of the month April. The course also includes some introduction sessions and explainer video's on how to use watercolours and what to expect.
What materials do you need for the course?
- a sketchbook or loose paper with at least 11 empty sheets, if you want to do some swatching and practicing you may need a few extra pages.
- Make sure your paper is watercolour paper. 100% cotton is the highest quality but also most expensive. I use Bockingford 300gms watercolour paper.
- HB sketch pencil, sharpener and eraser
- watercolour paint. You can join in using any watercolour paint brand, if you are looking for recommendation on paint feel free to contact me.
- watercolour brushes, a palette, coth, water.
- There are some addisional optional materials that you can use throughout the course to create textures and effects such as salt, texture medium, masking fluid and oil pastels. If I use thse in a session I will tell you in the description and you can always join in without these materials.
The materials required for the live session are the same.
You will learn:
- How to paint loose and fun abstract landscapes
- How to create textures on your paper
- How to mix colours
- You will learn how to paint in a loose and flowy style
- We will meet one another in four live sessions on zoom.
- letting go of perfectionism and enjoying the process instead.
- we will draw from reference pictures and also create from imagination.
This course is suitable for all level artists and you can expect to improve your sketching and painting skills by practicing regularly.
The course will be for sale after April without the live session.
course full price
You will be added to the course at the start date- 1 February£79.00
pre sale round 2
you will be added to the course on the 1st February when the course goes live£59.00
This ticket is discounted as a pre-sale special offerPay what you wantSale ended