Tue, Jan 04|
Online via ZOOM
Tuesday Colour Pencil drawing class - weekly
Hi my creatives, Today we are drawing in colour pencils. We are going to make a symmetrical drawing inspired by folk embroidery. The reference photo is only an example. bring a ruler if you have one. I will share various ideas on screen and in the chat on zoom at the beginning of the class.
Time & Location
Jan 04, 2022, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM GMT
Online via ZOOM
About the Event
- Drawing Workshop- Drawing with Colour Pencils
- Where: Online - you will receive the zoom link by email after you sign up
- teacher: Irene
- Price: Pay what you can
- Please arrive a few minutes before the start of the class. If you arrive after we have started you may not be able to join the class
Colour pencils are a super versatile and fun medium to make art with. They are quick to get ready, Leave minimal mess (compared to paint and charcoal) and you can blend and layer the colours to create amazing textures and effects. Colour pencils are not just for children, they are an amazing material for everyone to create beautiful rounded drawings ful of colour.
In each class we will use a different reference picture which we draw together.
- HB Sketch pencil and erasor (optional)
- A kneeding, soft erasor (optional)
- I use a combination of Derwent procolor pencils, Cass Art own brand pencils, Winsor and Newton pencils and a mix of old sets that I still have from I was younger. You can join this class using any set of colour pencils. I would recommend to have at least the primary colours (red, blue and yellow) and a green and black. Most basic sets come with these colours and a few more. There is a very wide range of different qualities in colour pencils. As a general rule you will get more fuller colours when you use the artist grade pencils but please feel free to join in with any pencil set. I would rather you tried out if drawing with pencils is for you before you spent lots of money on expensive art materials.
support Makings and Musings
Voluntary Contribution- tier 1 Online class - the link to join the class will be emailed to you after you have registered. Thanks so much for your contribution to Makings and Musings! By contributing you make it possible for me to host more creative classes online.
Patron of Makings and Musings
Voluntary contribution-tier 2 Online class - the link to join the class will be emailed to you after you have registered. Thanks so much for your contribution to Makings and Musings! By contributing you make it possible for me to host more workshops online!
Muse of Makings and Musings
Voluntary contribution -tier 3 Online class - the link to join the class will be emailed to you after you have registered. Thanks so much for your contribution to Makings and Musings! By contributing you make it possible for me to host more workshops online!
Free Ticket-Donation optional
This workshop will be via live stream on zoom. you will receive your invite after registering. Some of you may not know but Makings and Musings is my primary source of income and if you would like to make a contribution afterwards you would make it possible for me to host more workshops online! There is absolutely no obligation to contribute financially and you can also help us by giving us a review or recommend us to a friend!